Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tottori Beach Party & the Coastal Dr.















What a fantastic weekend it was!

Friday night, we rented a car with MdM driving us (us being LC, MM, me and T) to Tottori.

We reached there near midnight, chucked the guys and LC on the beach while me and MdM checked into our Golf Course Lodge.. whoppie!! It was such a spacious lodge with air-cond, CLEAN TOILET and BATH (emphasis added). Mind you, when I saw the toilet by the beach, I was kinda glad I took the lodge instead of doing the whole beach party real deal by camping on the beach itself for the weekend.

Met some Japanese dudes, Americans, Jamaicans, Aussies and best of all, Kiwis! Basically, I would say it is a gaijin party. The music was good, atmosphere was great for dancing....and when we sat by the wooden "balcony" area overlooking the beach, the 1/4 moon with the islands' silhouette, the flickering of candles on the beach, the breeze, the people, the laughter....man, I felt so relaxed just sitting there.

RC, one of the Kiwi dude I met lived a few streets away from me in Christchurch, near Captain Ben's. And the most surprising thing I've heard that weekend was "nyamuk" coming out from his mouth when I talked about mosquitoes...as I then found out that he does have some link to/in Malaysia, specifically Kuching. Wow. Talk about the world being small. Of all places, we met in Tottori, Japan!

The other highlight in Tottori was the coastal drive MdM, me, MM, T and R took on Saturday. I have to say, every coast has its own unique beauty despite it being "just another coastal drive"....We found a secluded "cove" and went dipping into the clear torquoise water. MM and R had a great time jumping off rocks into the water, while I made it exceptionally clear that no one is to flick sea water into my eyes while I went for a quick dip. Hehe.. contact lenses.

MdM sat there enjoying the sun and looking pretty.
T just stayed in the shade in his pretty pink shirt and hat. Very British indeed.

Anyway, the beach party ended on Sunday morning. Then it was just me and MdM taking a slow drive back to Osaka, BUT FIRST, to Matsue where MdM and I were interviewed by the Japanese media, Hiroshima to see some piece of history, and Sayochi for the search of the sunflowers. I will post those the next time. Adios!

0 comments: