Saturday, June 06, 2009

Attitudeline.com





























If anyone wants to ruffle my legal feathers, it is simple. Read below.

As everyone filed into the new Westfield Riccarton Mall, so did I. When people got sucked into this beauty cosmetic stall (ATTITUDE LINE) promoting organic facial products, so did I. The sales girl was mesmerising with red hair, beautiful smile and electrifying touch as she put samples onto my inner wrist.

Salesgirl - "It is normally NZ$130 but because we are new, we are selling it at half price!"

Now, I am not normally someone that buy things impulsively or a gutter for all these salesmen's talk. But something about her made me took the box of Organic Cucumber Facial Peel, flipped it round to see it was made in the USA and with confidence brimming that this is the best money spent on my face for a long long time, I forked the $ out and went home.

Opening the box at home, saw the jar with strong printings - Made in ISRAEL, filled in the USA. I reeled back and decided I am not having the product. I have never used Israeli cosmetic products on my face, and I don't think I will if I knew. Being a consumer, I have the right of preference when it comes to my product consumption. Things I put on my face is either made in France, USA or Australasia. China... uh-uh....Israel? Never heard of it..

I marched up to the stall the next day and asked (*very nicely I must say) for my money back, and to return the product. They said their standard box prints everything is Made in USA because most of their products are. Except for this Organic Facial Peel which is in fact made in Israel and filled in USA. Irrelevant.

They then indicate that their manager will contact me in a few days regarding the refund. Few days came, no call from manager. So I whipped up my phone, rang manager up, and told her what I wanted.

Manager: "Why don't you use the product, and if you don't like it, I will refund you."

Me: " That is not the point. I DON"T want to use it, I have no confidence in it since I knew it is made in Israel. It is like.. buying a BMW with the expectations that it is made in Germany, only to find out that it is made in South Africa, instead of merely being assembled in South Africa."

Manager: " I think you are silly. I am giving you the chance to use it prior to a refund. And besides, my staff and the printing were wrong, ALL our products are made in USA."

Me: "You do not call your customer "silly" and it is totally false representation on your product's box!"

Manager: "Ok Ok, text me your bank details and I will refund to you tomorrow."

2 days later, refund came and I returned the product to the stall. I saw other customers buying from them and I wondered whether they were all informed consumers. If ATTITUDE LINE didn't give me the refund, I will definitely take this up to the Dispute Tribunal and/or media despite such a trivial matter. Seriously. Them being in a new market has all the more to lose.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

you bought the DEAD SEA facial peel. The dead sea is in Israel. Hence where they make the product. The company is based in Israel. What do you have against people from Israel? I happen to know the brother of the guy who founded the company and they're very hardworking people. You're just showing your ignorance in refusing to buy something made in Israel considering that's the only place where the ingredients for the product can be found. Typical american attitude... Yeah it was kind of dumb of the sales girl to tell you it was made in USA but she was probably new and just doesn't know what she's talking about... it was even more dumb that you freaked out about it being made in Israel, where the Dead Sea is, when it says right on the container that it's made of minerals from the Dead Sea. It's a great product and you acted really immature about it. Try it next time, you would have benefited.

oh by the way - anything you buy in America is going to be full of chemicals and preservatives. Attitude Line is all natural. So think about that next time you Buy American.

Anonymous said...

I know this comment is almost 12 months after the original post, but I have just in the last couple of weeks had a similar experience with Attitude Line. I fell for the salespitch, at a cost also both financially and emotionally.(the guy could win salesman of the year award for emotional blackmail) But I dont want to go there.
I did try the product when I got home and it burnt my face. I went back a week later and they were gone. I have not been able to find them since, despite ringing every mall. Even the brochure has no New Zealand contact.

Hamood said...

yea this company is really dodgy. They will try to make you buy their products on impulse. the sales people actually don't stay in one place for a long time . they are usually shifted to another mall .

I feel sorry for the employees of this company .
Word of advice Dont buy their products

kiwigirl said...

funny i found these posts....i've been desperatly looking for this company as I've never used anything better in my life, years after buying their products in a mall and not remembering the name, i found an old bottle and googled them. Sorry to the girl who burn her face, i guess it could have that reaction as its extreemly strong, its like a chemical peel. Its the strangest thing as your skin literally peels off, like when you have sunburn. My son was a teanager at the time, and as with myself this got rid of the blackheads, redness, oil pimples etc, and left our skin smooth almost like baby skin, like i said, something quite different than anything i've used before or after, finally 'shame' on the racest girl who wouldnt use it just because deadsea salt comes from israel...you stupid racest bitch..your lost.