Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ping-Yuen's Tiramisu Recipe































I saw Japan's sunset on the day I flew off. The 'Land of the Rising Sun' is indeed setting for me.

The past year working and traveling Japan had me realised that I managed to pluck meself out of my comfortable-zone of Christchurch, and tried out a country in which I neither speak its language nor embrace its culture.

Nonetheless, I am back to where I first started, albeit with more experiences to share and stories to tell when I catch up with friends and family once again. Have been slowly watering meself with sports since I came back. Sweet sports... (one year sitting on a rollie blue office chair facing a computer 14-15 hours a day is not the most ideal exercise whilst working in Japan).

Other than that, me and Boi got some ingredients from Countdown last night, and I made some Tiramisu using Ping-Yuen's recipe. Although the recipe was originally provided by his sister, I will just call it PY's recipe anyway for short. By the way, I forgot what type of cream I should buy when shopping in Countdown so I took the liberty to call dear PY in Singapore while he is at work, demanding whether I should get normal cream, lite cream, thickened cream or whipped cream to make the Tiramisu.

Yes, I am THAT demanding while PY patiently described to me what type of cream I should get, and each consequence of using the different types of creams.

HISTORY

I learned my first tiramisu-making with Ping-Yuen end of 2004 (my closest male friend if I could put him in that category). In fact, I would say that we are more than friends, as we have attained a higher level than mere friendship. Since then, I have only made it twice (once for my parents, the other time for my sis).

This time round, I am determine that Boi has some share of this wonderful recipe. So I made 8 crystal glasses of Tiramisu, full bodied in coffee and D.O.M. liquor, Mascarpone cheese and cream as well as the soaked biscotti. Photos as above.

Thanks again PY!

0 comments: