Thursday, August 09, 2007

The final of all assessment!

That's it, last day of Prof Legal Studies' assessments! Advocacy came and went. The trial lasted shorter than all the hours of preparation I've put in. Stressful, stressful morning!

To start off with, my trial is to start at 9am *ahem - as prosecution counsel... I am supposed to be at High Court 3 at 8.45am to meet my witnesses and to be let into the Court before the normal doors open at 9am. BUT: 8.20am, still at home putting make up on, then my left contact lense decide to drop on the floor then.... looked around for it, can't find it at 8.30am, I still can't find it so heck, put on my spare left eye contacts with the eye power that doesn't suit well. Jumped into the car and was just about to reach the city, when I realised I forgot to bring my Exhibit which is to be an item of evidence in my trial later (the Exhibit so happened to be dog meat which I left in the fridge at home). Rushed all the way home -- 8.45am-- morning traffic jam on both Fendalton rd and Riccarton rd.

OH my god, I will be late for my trial!! Judge won't be pleased...BUT, thankfully, I reached the courts 2 minutes to 9am, I kept pointing to my Prof Legal Studies' file to the guard inside so that he knows I am part of the Profs class and I have the privilege to go in before the doors open at 9... but he couldn't be bothered, kept shaking his head and indicated that the doors will open in 2 minutes time... FARK you!! I need to be in there!

Rang my witness (she is already in High Court 3 with everyone else waiting for me), and she got my instructor to come down to get me in.. by then, the public doors were already opened and the guard put me through the metal detector!! whoa.. more time wasted.. kept apologising to everyone when I finally got into HC3.

My instructor and the judge was nice enough to give me 5 minutes to compose myself.. which was greatly appreciated. Then the trial began! Yay~ I have to admit everything went well, my witnesses didn't forget anything at all to screw my case up and feedback was positive! Muakss... all the stress for nothing, hehe.

Fooling around in the judge's seat, Emily (my learned friend)pretending to be "witness"


0 comments: